POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Q:maximum amount of control points : Re: Q:maximum amount of control points Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q:maximum amount of control points
From: Gleb
Date: 1 Apr 2002 09:15:21
Message: <3ca86b79@news.povray.org>
"Mark Wagner" <mar### [at] gtenet> wrote in message

> Not quite.  Strictly speaking, it's the amount of free memory, or the
> largest number that can be stored in a long integer, whichever comes
first.
> (or in practical terms, the amount of free memory).

Thank you, Mark, this is what I wanted to know.
I'm also curious how stable is the current natural splines implementation,
when handling huge amount of control points, because it seems that there
are some matrix calculations involved, which possibly can be unstable
above some limit. Is it correct?

Gleb